Foodmate US Career Opportunities
Join the very best.
Innovative solutions FOR poultry processing
About Foodmate US
Foodmate US. Inc. is a leading poultry processing equipment provider, founded by industry experts in 2010. The company launch in the U.S. was a result of a successful product line development in the manufacturing facility located in the Netherlands.
As most successful stories go, Foodmate US’ timing was just right: the American Poultry Industry market was ready for the simple, modern and efficiently designed equipment Foodmate had to offer. In the last nearly 7 years, the company has shown an unprecedented exponential growth in the industry and has become the committed and reliable partner of major poultry processing plants.
In 2016, Foodmate secured the largest Cut-up System project in the U.S. Driven by research, paired with unmatched knowledge and decades of experience, it is the company’s mission to innovate, automate and bring cost-effective solutions to the industry.
Inc. magazine ranked Foodmate No. 885 on its 36th annual Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. The list represents a unique look at the most successful companies within the American economy’s most dynamic segment— its independent small and midsized businesses. In addition, Foodmate was listed No.13 in the manufacturing sector and No. 38 in the state of Georgia.
Foodmate Career Opportunities
Why join our team?
Though we are growing exponentially, we still have the feel of a small company, with a family atmosphere. We really like and care for each other here!
We have a very generous compensation and benefits package, which includes:
Innovative solutions FOR poultry processing
Location: Ball Ground, GA
Reports to: Service Manager
The Field Service Technician position encompasses a wide range of knowledge, technical, and professional skills. There are three levels of Field Service Technicians and each level reflects the range of knowledge and skills required. Successful applicants will be evaluated to determine the level of skill possessed to determine appropriate job classification. Salary is based on verifiable skills, knowledge, and qualifications.
The Field Service Technician provides first level customer support for installed Foodmate systems and new installations. He or she should possess the skills to test, diagnose, troubleshoot, repair, and debug electro-mechanical processing equipment and related systems. The Field Service Technician must be able to use his or her outstanding communication skills to work closely with customer management, supervisors, production employees, and technicians on complex problems and assume responsibilities for continued customer satisfaction. This position requires frequent travel to customer sites to assist with installation, servicing and repair of Foodmate poultry processing equipment and related sub-systems, and equipment rebuilds. Work assignments are varied but limited in scope and complexity. This work typically is managed under the direction of more experienced staff. This job is an attractive position for candidates who want to travel and be exposed to a wide variety of different opportunities and challenges.
Duties and responsibilities
- Able and willing to travel a minimum of 85% of the time to perform service related tasks at customer sites.
- Assist and learn from other experienced field service technicians and other company personnel
- Troubleshoot variety of poultry processing machines and resolve mechanical, electrical, and performance issues
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, management and customers to promote consistent product improvement
- Be able to establish and maintain a positive, professional relationship with internal & external customer personnel
- Document pertinent technical and customer information to facilitate an ongoing business relationship
- Produce and submit accurate detailed service and expense reports in a timely manner
- Proactive at learning, understanding new components and equipment design principles as they are introduced
- Be able to identify product/service opportunities at customer sites that will enhance the customer's Foodmate relationship
- Comply with all safety policies and procedures.
- Train customers on operation and safety components of equipment or what has been or needs to be repaired or modified
- Assist with any other related tasks and projects as required
Qualifications and skills
Two-years of technical trade or equivalent experience. Course work or prior verifiable work experience with installing, troubleshooting and/or repairing electrical/pneumatic/automated/industrial equipment. Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to use various hand/power tools to install/maintain equipment. Knowledge of electrical components and understanding of electrical current flow with ability to identify and troubleshoot the same.
- Must be able and willing to travel a minimum 85% of the time.
- Must be able and willing to learn and apply required customer service skills
- Must have the ability to learn, produce, and submit accurate service and expense reports in a timely manner
- Must have a good mechanical and electrical background in a manufacturing or production environment, preferably in the food processing/manufacturing industry
- Prefer candidate to have knowledge of automated machine controls
- Must be able to read and follow blueprints, machine drawings, and electrical drawings.
- Must be proficient in the use of a laptop computer, iPad and related software.
- Must be able to use a variety of common power and hand tools.
- Must be able to work safely and efficiently according to industry standards
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and clean MVR
- Must have strong troubleshooting ability – The ability to look at an entire process and determine source of problem/issue
- Ability to qualify for a US passport
This job will require about 80-85% travel and may include non-traditional work hours. Some facilities will require help on 2nd and 3rd shifts. The working conditions are normally within a poultry processing facility which can be cold or hot and damp environment. The position will require the use of personal protection devices (ear plugs, hard hat, and eye protection). When not traveling, work will be completed from hotels, home, and/or office.
This position will require extensive travel by car, heavy lifting, and working on ladders and floor.
Location: Ball Ground, GA
Looking for an awesome place to work?!
We are always looking for dedicated and talented individuals to join our Foodmate Family! If you do not see a specific applicable position open at this time, you can still send us your resume and position you are interested in. We will review your application and contact you when a relevant position opens us for you!
Use the "APPLY NOW" button below to send your information and upload your resume.
Foodmate US. Inc. is a leading poultry processing equipment manufacturer based in The Netherlands. Founded by industry experts in early 2006, the company quickly expanded its worldwide distribution into North and South America with the launch of Foodmate US in 2010, and Foodmate Brasil in 2015. Foodmate has become the committed and reliable partner of major poultry processing companies worldwide.
Inc. magazine has recently ranked Foodmate US, Inc. No. 885 on its 36th Annual List of America’s Fastest-Growing Private Companies, the Inc. 5000, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies. For Foodmate U.S. visit www.foodmateus.com